Bajpai set to be elected UP BJP chief unopposed
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Laxmikant Bajpai is all set to be elected unopposed as the state president of the BJP for the next three years as no other candidate, except Bajpai, filed nomination papers today.
A formal announcement of his election will be made by election in-charge Kaptan Singh Solanki on Sunday.
Nominations for the election of state presidents were scheduled today. Bajpai filed his papers with the names of 100 state council members from 51 district as his proposers. One state council member comes from each Assembly constituency.
Sources said some senior leaders from western UP were against the election of Bajpai, who hails from the same region (he is MLA from Meerut). They opposed Bajpai's candidature saying that other important office bearers of the party, like party leader in Legislative Assembly Hukum Singh and Nepal Singh in Legislative Council, are also from western UP.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2