Bajrang Dal threatens hindi film's screening
- Anandiben Patel slams Amit Shah and he shows her who’s boss
- Narendra Modi town hall: PM to interact with nation later today
- 14 killed in Assam's Kokrajhar after suspected Bodo militants open fire at village market
- Day 29, curfew continues in Kashmir as death toll rises to 54
- France: At least 13 killed in Rouen bar fire
The Bajrang Dal, a hardline Hindu organisation, has threatened to stall screening of soon-to-be released hindi film 'Shudra' alleging its release could create chasm in Hindu society.
"From the trailers of the film, it seems its release may cause hatred and differences in Hindu society," Bajrang Dal leader Rakesh Verma said here today.
"We urge the Censor Board and also the UP government not to allow its screening or else the Bajrang Dal will stage demonstrations to stall film's release," he said.
The Dal could approach the court in this regard, Verma said.
- Institutionalisation of GST regime has more than a touch of romance
- SC's Arunachal judgement could give leeway to unprincipled politicians
- Odds are so much in Hillary's favour that Trump might eventually withdraw from race
- HC verdict turned principle of parliamentary democracy on its head in Delhi
- Clerics above law
- Rio Olympics: Yet again, India has managed to look disheveled