Bajrang Dal warns Hyderabad youths from celebrating Valentines Day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Ashutosh accuses Kapil Sibal of bribing voters; Modi to file nomination from Vadodara today
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- Amit Shah CD doctored, BJP writes to poll panel
- LS polls: Amid tight security, voting underway in four NE states
Bajrang Dal has asked city youths to refrain from celebrating the Valentines Day tomorrow, saying it was against the values of Indian culture.
"We have asked city police commissioner not to grant any special permission for Valentines Day celebrations. We also appeal to managements of resorts and pubs not to organise special programs to celebrate the occasion," Bajrang Dal's city president Vinod Kumar said.
Bajrang Dal activists would counsel young men and women, spotted in public places like parks if they are minors, he said.
"We do not want to disturb the daily life of others. We will inform the parents of minors, if we spot them. We will not hesitate to perform marriage of couples who are majors," he added.
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move
- Two and a half lakh Christians in city are confused over electing the ‘right’ candidate