Bajwa enters quarters without breaking a sweat
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
Paramveer Bajwa, the top seed in the boy's Under-16 category, was hardly tested as he cruised into the quarter-finals in the St Stephen's School AITA Championship Series held at CLTA Stadium in Sector 10 on Tuesday. Looking unstoppable, Paramveer made short work of Harjasleen Singh, 9-1, in their pre-quarterfinal encounter. So dominant was Bajwa in the match that he just lost a game and hit some thundering forehands.
However, Sumitpal Singh was stretched by Rahul Seth and after lots of hard work managed to prevail over his opponent, 9-8(3), in the tie-breaker.
Meanwhile, Prinkle Singh moved to the quarter-finals of girl's U-12 and U-16 events. Top seed Bhavya Wadhawan outplayed Tanmay Patnaik, 9-3, to move to quarter-finals.
Boys: U-12 Singles Pre-Quarter Final Round: Sacchit Sharma bt. Asav Kumar 4-2, 4-2; Abhimanyu Rozra bt. Chiraj Singh 4-1,2-4, 7-3; Amit Beniwal bt. Dhruv Sharma 5-3, 4-1; Yuvraj Singh bt. Udayveer Singh 4-2, 4-0; Sahishnu Sharma bt. Shaurya Piplani 5-3, 4-1; Himanshu Mor bt. Tushar Aggarwal 4-0, 5-3; M.S. Karthik bt. Sehaj Punj 4-2, 4-2; Rishabh Sharda bt. Naman Sharma 4-0, 4-1; Girls: U-12 Singles Pre-Quarter Final Round: Prinkle Singh bt. Shambhavi Tiwari 4-1, 4-1; Taru Ahluwalia bt. Annanya Bhargaw 4-0, 4-2; Chetna Kumari bt. Khushbeen Kaur 4-1, 4-1; Simran Pritam bt.Samita Yadav 4-1, 4-0; Shreya Gulia bt. Kashish Bhatiya 4-0, 4-0; Harleen Kaur bt. Manya Bajaj 4-1, 4-1; Alisha Menon bt. Mangat Rahat 4-0, 4-1; Sarah Dev bt. Bhavya Sangri 4-0, 4-0;
Boys: U-16 Singles Pre-Quarter Final Round: Paramveer Bajwa bt. Harjasleen Singh 9-1; Nihit Rawal bt. Sagar Bains 9-3; Vikrant Dahiya bt. Vikas Berwal 9-1; Vikas Singh bt. Eklavya Singh 9-6; Param Pun bt. Krishna Rajput 9-3; Mritunjay Badola bt. Mayank Yadav 9-4; Sumitpal Singh bt. Rahul Seth 9-8 (3); Shrey Gupta bt. Anuj Malik 9-3;
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation
- Poor infrastructure not outdated syllabi — is what ails Indian universities
- India will have to get its act together on urban water
- Qandeel Baloch’s murder: Men craft, interpret and adjudicate over family laws in the subcontinent
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines