Bal Thackeray death: Mumbai Police chief postpones daughter's wedding reception
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Amritsar set for PM vs Modi contest
Stating that duty comes first, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh has postponed his daughter's wedding reception scheduled for today in view of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's death.
The wedding reception was to be held at SRPF ground in suburban Goregaon today.
"From constables to top officers, all are on duty on Sunday. All the leaves of cops were cancelled and even I am also on duty," he said apologising to the guests he had invited for the function.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota