Bal Thackeray: TwitterSpeak
- LIVE Brussels: One dead, several injured after two explosions at Belgium's Zaventem airport
- Meeting with PM Modi 'very positive', says PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti
- University of Hyderabad students attack VC Appa Rao's house, smash furniture
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar meets Rahul Gandhi
- Rift with RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan? Here's what Jaitley has to say
Dr Manmohan Singh @PMOIndia
Prime Minister calls Shiv Sena leader Shri Udhav Thackeray to offer condolences upon the loss of his father and leader of Shiv Sena.
Narendra Modi @narendramodi
Full of life, Balasaheb Thackeray was an epitome of courage & valour. I am grieved to hear about his demise. May his soul rest in peace.
My condolences to his family. May God rest his soul in peace: Sachin Tendulkar on Bal Thackeray's death
Amitabh Bachchan @SrBachchan
And just a couple of hours back, as I stand next to his still, peaceful, saffron draped body, it is difficult to imagine that he has left us!
Sushma Swaraj @SushmaSwarajbjp
I am terribly pained to hear that the Lion is dead.
anand mahindra @anandmahindra
Bal Thackeray was both revered&feared but never ignored.Maharashtra was his pride&passion.Citizens of this state will miss their champion
The Indian Express @IndianExpress
Balasaheb Thackeray fought like a warrior but in the end we lost him.It is an end of an era, says Narendra Modi
Rajdeep Sardesai @sardesairajdeep
Tiger, Godfather, Mumbai icon, hero for many, villain for others. # Balasaheb Thackeray RIP.
Anupam Kher @AnupamPkher
BalaSaheb was one of the very few leaders in today's times for whom Country came first. He did't play games to be popular. Spoke straight.
Mahesh Bhatt @MaheshNBhatt
Memories of my childhood days of growing up in Shivaji Park invade me. The story of Mumbai is incomplete without Balasaheb Thackeray.
Abhijit Majumder @abhijitmajumder
Bal Thackeray's death was announced by Jaleel Parkar, his trusted doctor and friend of many years
KamaaI R Khan - KRK @KamaalkhanKRK
RIP Bal Thackeray ji. Shivsena Hero no more.
Aditya Raj Kaul @AdityaRajKaul
Thousands of Kashmiri Pandits are well-educated today due to the efforts of Bal Thackeray who provided them help in Maharashtra. #fact
- In Bangladesh’s diminishing democratic space, a prominent editor is at the receiving end
- Supreme Court has the opportunity to enforce the true Islamic law on divorce
- Budget 2016: An ‘A’ for ambition
- Raja-Mandala: Bridge to China
- A tale of two speeches
- The new enemy property ordinance is more draconian than the one in 2010