Bal Thackeray: TwitterSpeak
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Dr Manmohan Singh @PMOIndia
Prime Minister calls Shiv Sena leader Shri Udhav Thackeray to offer condolences upon the loss of his father and leader of Shiv Sena.
Narendra Modi @narendramodi
Full of life, Balasaheb Thackeray was an epitome of courage & valour. I am grieved to hear about his demise. May his soul rest in peace.
My condolences to his family. May God rest his soul in peace: Sachin Tendulkar on Bal Thackeray's death
Amitabh Bachchan @SrBachchan
And just a couple of hours back, as I stand next to his still, peaceful, saffron draped body, it is difficult to imagine that he has left us!
Sushma Swaraj @SushmaSwarajbjp
I am terribly pained to hear that the Lion is dead.
anand mahindra @anandmahindra
Bal Thackeray was both revered&feared but never ignored.Maharashtra was his pride&passion.Citizens of this state will miss their champion
The Indian Express @IndianExpress
Balasaheb Thackeray fought like a warrior but in the end we lost him.It is an end of an era, says Narendra Modi
Rajdeep Sardesai @sardesairajdeep
Tiger, Godfather, Mumbai icon, hero for many, villain for others. # Balasaheb Thackeray RIP.
Anupam Kher @AnupamPkher
BalaSaheb was one of the very few leaders in today's times for whom Country came first. He did't play games to be popular. Spoke straight.
Mahesh Bhatt @MaheshNBhatt
Memories of my childhood days of growing up in Shivaji Park invade me. The story of Mumbai is incomplete without Balasaheb Thackeray.
Abhijit Majumder @abhijitmajumder
Bal Thackeray's death was announced by Jaleel Parkar, his trusted doctor and friend of many years
KamaaI R Khan - KRK @KamaalkhanKRK
RIP Bal Thackeray ji. Shivsena Hero no more.
Aditya Raj Kaul @AdityaRajKaul
Thousands of Kashmiri Pandits are well-educated today due to the efforts of Bal Thackeray who provided them help in Maharashtra. #fact
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance