Bal Thackeray was a lion, not a tiger: Dilip Kumar
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Veteran actor Dilip Kumar, who earned the ire of Bal Thackeray after he was presented Pakistan's highest civilian award, today mourned the death of the Shiv Sena supremo saying he "always thought he was not a tiger but a lion".
"We are deeply grieving the passing of Balasaheb Thackeray who I always thought was not a tiger but a lion," Kumar tweeted.
In a detailed write-up on his blog, Kumar wrote, "He had the virtues of a lion. We will cherish in our memories the lively evenings at his home when we smoothened out our differences over cups of strong masala tea. I found him extremely sensitive on occasions, especially during the days Sunil Dutt was going from pillar to post to get justice for his son Sanjay.
"Balasaheb's response was that of a father who understood a father¿s desperation to save his son. We pray for Balasaheb's family, especially for his son Uddhav, to derive strength from the Almighty to bear the irreparable loss."