Bal Thackeray's body to be kept for 'darshan' at Shivaji Park
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI in deep trouble against RCB
The body of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray, who passed away at his residence in suburban Bandra this afternoon, would be kept for 'darshan' at Shivaji Park ground in central Mumbai on Sunday.
Shivaji Park was the place where the very first rally of Shiv Sena was held, and where Thackeray held his annual Dussehra rallies year after year. This year, however, he had not been able to attend the event because of ill-health.
Sena spokesperson and MP Sanjay Raut said here that the party workers would be able to pay last respects to the Sena supremo from 7 am on Sunday at Shivaji Park.
"People should maintain peace and should not lose calm. We should carry on the thoughts of Shiv Sena chief," Raut said.
The party has appealed the workers not to come to 'Matoshree', the Thackeray residence, but go to Shivaji Park instead.