Bal Thackeray's body to be kept for 'darshan' at Shivaji Park
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
The body of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray, who passed away at his residence in suburban Bandra this afternoon, would be kept for 'darshan' at Shivaji Park ground in central Mumbai on Sunday.
Shivaji Park was the place where the very first rally of Shiv Sena was held, and where Thackeray held his annual Dussehra rallies year after year. This year, however, he had not been able to attend the event because of ill-health.
Sena spokesperson and MP Sanjay Raut said here that the party workers would be able to pay last respects to the Sena supremo from 7 am on Sunday at Shivaji Park.
"People should maintain peace and should not lose calm. We should carry on the thoughts of Shiv Sena chief," Raut said.
The party has appealed the workers not to come to 'Matoshree', the Thackeray residence, but go to Shivaji Park instead.