Bal Thackeray's death: Bandh called in Karnataka's Belgaum
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
Marathi outfits including Maharashtra Ekikaran Samithi (MES), Shiv Sena and Hindu organisations have called for a bandh in the district to mourn the death of Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray tomorrow.
Life in Belgaum city, which will normally bustle with tourists from Goa and Maharashtra on Sundays, will wear a deserted look tomorrow with all shops, business establishment deciding to down their shutters and even local transport deciding to remain off roads.
A public condolence meeting was held here today.
Adequate police bandobast has been made in the district to prevent any untoward incidents, Additional Superintendent of Police Ganga Reddy said here.