Bal Thackeray's death: Bandh called in Karnataka's Belgaum
- Srinagar on edge as Masarat Alam is arrested before Tral protest
- Modi should behave like a PM, not an RSS 'pracharak': Congress
- Vehicles set ablaze in Kolkata suburb after death of councillor's brother
- Yechury says Modi's frequent foreign trips to make up for years of not being able to fly
- VIDEO: The only Indian civilian to have done aerobatics on a Sukhoi
Marathi outfits including Maharashtra Ekikaran Samithi (MES), Shiv Sena and Hindu organisations have called for a bandh in the district to mourn the death of Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray tomorrow.
Life in Belgaum city, which will normally bustle with tourists from Goa and Maharashtra on Sundays, will wear a deserted look tomorrow with all shops, business establishment deciding to down their shutters and even local transport deciding to remain off roads.
A public condolence meeting was held here today.
Adequate police bandobast has been made in the district to prevent any untoward incidents, Additional Superintendent of Police Ganga Reddy said here.