Bal Thackeray's death: Bandh called in Karnataka's Belgaum
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Marathi outfits including Maharashtra Ekikaran Samithi (MES), Shiv Sena and Hindu organisations have called for a bandh in the district to mourn the death of Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray tomorrow.
Life in Belgaum city, which will normally bustle with tourists from Goa and Maharashtra on Sundays, will wear a deserted look tomorrow with all shops, business establishment deciding to down their shutters and even local transport deciding to remain off roads.
A public condolence meeting was held here today.
Adequate police bandobast has been made in the district to prevent any untoward incidents, Additional Superintendent of Police Ganga Reddy said here.