Bal Thackeray's death: Bandh called in Karnataka's Belgaum
- Modi in US: PM meets media magnates; promises protection to Intellectual Property Rights
- Mecca stampede: Saudi blames heat, Iran says own responsibility
- Sourav Ganguly appointed chief of Cricket Association of Bengal
- Muzaffarnagar riots: SP, BJP in blame game over commission's report
- Gujarat HC slams Hardik Patel, his lawyer for midnight petition
Marathi outfits including Maharashtra Ekikaran Samithi (MES), Shiv Sena and Hindu organisations have called for a bandh in the district to mourn the death of Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray tomorrow.
Life in Belgaum city, which will normally bustle with tourists from Goa and Maharashtra on Sundays, will wear a deserted look tomorrow with all shops, business establishment deciding to down their shutters and even local transport deciding to remain off roads.
A public condolence meeting was held here today.
Adequate police bandobast has been made in the district to prevent any untoward incidents, Additional Superintendent of Police Ganga Reddy said here.