Bal Thackeray's health: Chavan monitoring law and order situation
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has been continuously monitoring law and order situation in the state in view of the deteriorating health of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray.
"Last night, Chavan held a high-level meeting with the chief secretary and top police officers. Since this morning, he is in constant touch with family members of the Sena chief," official sources said.
Chavan has not taken up any other engagements, they said.
Meanwhile, Sena spokesman Sanjay Raut said Thackeray was not on life support system at present. "Life support system was required last night but not today," he said.
No health bulletin regarding the Sena patriarch's condition has been issued so far.