Balatkari (rapist) cocktail: Women vandalize Mumbai's posh Bonobo bar
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
A group of women vandalized a famous bar, Bonobo, here, raising objection to a cocktail called 'Balatkari' (Rapist) being served by them.
Representing the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), the women expressed their anger over the bar promoting a permissive and casual attitude towards rape, and asked police to arrest one of the owners, Nevile Timbadia, who according to them, has been publicizing the drink.
"We got information that a drink called ''Balatkari'' (rapist) is being served here at the Bonobo bar. It is shameful to know that some people do not consider rape as a heinous crime and use it in such a casual manner. The co-owner, Nevile seems to think that this is some kind of a joke. I think he has no respect for women," said Vidya Chavan, MLA, NCP.
Recently the brutal gang rape and death of a 23-year-old woman in New Delhi has sparked nation wide protest and debates on the issue of sexual offences against women in the country.