Balatkari (rapist) cocktail: Women vandalize Mumbai's posh Bonobo bar
- Dallas shooting LIVE: 5 cops killed, suspect claims many bombs in vicinity
- 'Worst nightmare has happened': Dallas Mayor after horrific shooting
- Excessive force can't be used by Army or police even in AFSPA areas, rules Supreme Court
- Dallas shooting: How people on Twitter reacted
- Maharashtra: Fadnavis expands cabinet, 11 sworn-in, Uddhav skips
A group of women vandalized a famous bar, Bonobo, here, raising objection to a cocktail called 'Balatkari' (Rapist) being served by them.
Representing the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), the women expressed their anger over the bar promoting a permissive and casual attitude towards rape, and asked police to arrest one of the owners, Nevile Timbadia, who according to them, has been publicizing the drink.
"We got information that a drink called ''Balatkari'' (rapist) is being served here at the Bonobo bar. It is shameful to know that some people do not consider rape as a heinous crime and use it in such a casual manner. The co-owner, Nevile seems to think that this is some kind of a joke. I think he has no respect for women," said Vidya Chavan, MLA, NCP.
- Let’s celebrate Madras HC verdict on Perumal Murugan. But do we need the court to allow us to tell stories?
- Sabri’s killing gives a measure of how Pakistan has allowed the city to drift
- Diplomacy’s lexicon sets store by discreetness and politesse, which cannot be derided as yachna or begging
- For Jagjivan Ram the panacea for social ills lay in integration, not confrontation
- A note for Mr Prakash Javadekar
- Brexit vote shows democracy can defeat itself