Balatkari (rapist) cocktail: Women vandalize Mumbai's posh Bonobo bar
- Bengal unit of Congress in a fix after it tweets out controversial Rajiv quote
- Thank You, PV Sindhu
- Those who consider India their country should treat cow as mother: Jharkhand CM
- India should be a lot bolder in meeting military needs of Afghanistan: Hamid Karzai
- Army seizes weapons after encounter on Myanmar border
A group of women vandalized a famous bar, Bonobo, here, raising objection to a cocktail called 'Balatkari' (Rapist) being served by them.
Representing the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), the women expressed their anger over the bar promoting a permissive and casual attitude towards rape, and asked police to arrest one of the owners, Nevile Timbadia, who according to them, has been publicizing the drink.
"We got information that a drink called ''Balatkari'' (rapist) is being served here at the Bonobo bar. It is shameful to know that some people do not consider rape as a heinous crime and use it in such a casual manner. The co-owner, Nevile seems to think that this is some kind of a joke. I think he has no respect for women," said Vidya Chavan, MLA, NCP.
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility
- In the I-Day speeches of PMs of India & Pak, blame-games that paper over hard realities
- Swarajya to su-rajya
- Instead of waiting for talent to appear, we must create a national sports culture
- We need to think creatively about the proposed defence university