Balatkari (rapist) cocktail: Women vandalize Mumbai's posh Bonobo bar
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
A group of women vandalized a famous bar, Bonobo, here, raising objection to a cocktail called 'Balatkari' (Rapist) being served by them.
Representing the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), the women expressed their anger over the bar promoting a permissive and casual attitude towards rape, and asked police to arrest one of the owners, Nevile Timbadia, who according to them, has been publicizing the drink.
"We got information that a drink called ''Balatkari'' (rapist) is being served here at the Bonobo bar. It is shameful to know that some people do not consider rape as a heinous crime and use it in such a casual manner. The co-owner, Nevile seems to think that this is some kind of a joke. I think he has no respect for women," said Vidya Chavan, MLA, NCP.
Recently the brutal gang rape and death of a 23-year-old woman in New Delhi has sparked nation wide protest and debates on the issue of sexual offences against women in the country.