Baljinder Singh case: Viscera report says murder, case filed
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Amritsar set for PM vs Modi contest
While police had suspected it to be a natural death, the viscera report of Baljinder Singh, who was found dead at Focal Point Phase-6 in June 2012, has confirmed that he was murdered. On Saturday, police registered a case of murder against unidentified accused after the report said that the man died due to strangulation.
The case has been registered following the complaint of Sukhwinder Singh, father of the victim and investigations have been initiated.
Baljinder Singh, a resident of Maseet Wali Gali village of Meharban region, was found dead beside a road at Phase-6 in Focal Point. As the cause of death could not be ascertained in an autopsy conducted at the civil hospital the next day, the police had kept the case pending while waiting for the chemical examination report to arrive.
According to ASI Sohan Lal of the Focal Point police station, while the victim's father has not named anybody for the crime, police have begun investigations. Baljinder was labourer in a factory. He was married with two kids.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota