Ball signed by Brett Lee to be auctioned online
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
A cricket ball signed by Australian bowler Brett Lee will go under the hammer for Indian bidders on Ebay and the proceeds will go to charities working in India.
Australian charity organisation "Shanti Mission" which had received the ball from the cricketer has listed it on the online market place.
"The aim is to generate funds and to donate the proceeds towards a good cause," Sri Guru Shakti Durga, a spritual mentor and founder of the group said.
"The funds raised from the auction will go to two charities doing great work in India, UNICEF India and Varanasi based Saraswati Education Centre and to the mission," she said.
The auction kicks off tomorrow and the starting bid has been placed at Rs 28,500 and will be closed on Jaunary 8.
Ebay in the description of the ball has said "All money earned will by donated as requested by Brett Lee."
Lee, 36, is recognised as one of the fastest bowlers in world cricket. He is also an athletic fielder and a useful lower-order batsman.