Ballotin: Press Council team to probe paid news
- BJP party of fake Ram bhakts, will contest all seats in ’17, says Shiv Sena
- To speed up infra projects, stay out of wildlife clearance, Govt tells SC
- PM woos German investors, promises stable environment
- Koraput lynching: Only 6 policemen to control armed mob of ‘200 villagers’
- It's Official: Hillary Clinton to kick off White house bid
The Press Council of India has formed a four-member committee to investigate possible paid news and keep a tab on any attempt to affect the freedom of the press during the elections in Gujarat. The members of the committee are Rajeev Ranjan Nag (convener), Kalyan Baruah, Sandeep Shankar and Neeraj Bajpai. The council said the Election Commission had detected a large number of cases of paid news in the Himachal Pradesh elections.