Ban RSS, BJP if we are terrorists, Rajnath Singh dares Sushilkumar Shinde
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
"We don't want to disrupt parliamentary proceedings. But we will confront the Government on this issue of national pride, and corruption. The responsibility of running Parliament smoothly lies with the ruling party. The opposition parties, acting as watchdogs on the Government, expect that the questions they raise related to country's reputation are answered satisfactorily," he said.
Accusing the Home Minister of undermining national pride with his remarks, Singh said, "It is very unfortunate. What will happen if our PM and ruling party chairperson do not speak on issues concerning national pride."
Singh said not just the Hindus but nationalist Muslims had also criticised Shinde's remarks.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18