Bandh disrupts normal life in Tripura
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: One more disaster under his watch, Navy Chief Admiral D K Joshi resigns
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
Normal life was disrupted on the first day of two day strike called by central trade unions in Left Front-ruled Tripura today. Shops and markets were closed, as were schools, colleges,banks and financial institutions.
Private buses and taxis were off the roads and train service came to a standstill in the state. CITU workers staged a dharna on the train lines at the Agartala railways station. Flight operations were, however,normal. The police said the situation was peaceful in the state.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight