Bandh disrupts normal life in Tripura
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Normal life was disrupted on the first day of two day strike called by central trade unions in Left Front-ruled Tripura today. Shops and markets were closed, as were schools, colleges,banks and financial institutions.
Private buses and taxis were off the roads and train service came to a standstill in the state. CITU workers staged a dharna on the train lines at the Agartala railways station. Flight operations were, however,normal. The police said the situation was peaceful in the state.