Bandh disrupts normal life in Tripura
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Normal life was disrupted on the first day of two day strike called by central trade unions in Left Front-ruled Tripura today. Shops and markets were closed, as were schools, colleges,banks and financial institutions.
Private buses and taxis were off the roads and train service came to a standstill in the state. CITU workers staged a dharna on the train lines at the Agartala railways station. Flight operations were, however,normal. The police said the situation was peaceful in the state.