Bangalore: 11-year-old girl set ablaze by 9 people succumbs to burn injuries
- Alleged mastermind behind Sabarmati Express burning case arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Malegaon case shows Hindutva forces are succeeding in widening Hindu-Muslim divide, writes Julio Ribeiro
- After Nehru, Rajasthan now axes RTI Act from textbook
- Pathankot airbase attack: ‘Handler’ Latif pushed back to Pak after ’93 Hazratbal siege, was deported in 2010
- Elections in five states: Fate of 8,300 candidates to be known tomorrow
An 11-year-old girl, who was set ablaze by nine persons while she was on her way to school yesterday, has succumbed to burn injuries at a hospital, police said.
The fifth standard girl breathed her last at the state run Victoria hospital on Saturday afternoon, they said.
All the nine were arrested yesterday and remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
Personal enmity with the girl's father was suspected to be the reason for the attack.
- Burying Karkare: I cannot let these forces go unchallenged
- Maoists’ use of IEDs reveals the true nature of their project
- Supreme Court’s judgment on criminal defamation is the latest illustration of a syndrome
- In the battle for academic freedom
- Modi government has rightly given the highest priority to reviving agriculture
- Should the citizen say ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’, or not, is not the question