Bangalore: 11-year-old girl set ablaze by 9 people succumbs to burn injuries
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- BJP manifesto pledges good governance, talks of constructing Ram Temple, abrogating Article 370
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- Coal block scam: CVC Pradeep Kumar recuses himself from SC probe panel
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP's manifesto in tune with RSS' agenda, says CPI
An 11-year-old girl, who was set ablaze by nine persons while she was on her way to school yesterday, has succumbed to burn injuries at a hospital, police said.
The fifth standard girl breathed her last at the state run Victoria hospital on Saturday afternoon, they said.
All the nine were arrested yesterday and remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
Personal enmity with the girl's father was suspected to be the reason for the attack.
Meanwhile Youth Congress activists staged a dharna in front of the hospital, demanding action against the culprits.
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains