Bangalore: 11-year-old girl set ablaze by 9 people succumbs to burn injuries
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
An 11-year-old girl, who was set ablaze by nine persons while she was on her way to school yesterday, has succumbed to burn injuries at a hospital, police said.
The fifth standard girl breathed her last at the state run Victoria hospital on Saturday afternoon, they said.
All the nine were arrested yesterday and remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
Personal enmity with the girl's father was suspected to be the reason for the attack.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress