Bangalore: 11-year-old girl set ablaze by 9 people succumbs to burn injuries
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Modi govt clears projects but where are the orders?
- Markets lower expectations: Analysts re-rate mid-term forecast for stock market indices
- AAP rebels get the boot but it’s Ashish Khetan kicking and screaming
- Crew have ‘verbally’ admitted they are Pak nationals: Coast Guard
An 11-year-old girl, who was set ablaze by nine persons while she was on her way to school yesterday, has succumbed to burn injuries at a hospital, police said.
The fifth standard girl breathed her last at the state run Victoria hospital on Saturday afternoon, they said.
All the nine were arrested yesterday and remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
Personal enmity with the girl's father was suspected to be the reason for the attack.
Meanwhile Youth Congress activists staged a dharna in front of the hospital, demanding action against the culprits.