Bangalore woman rescued from brothel in Delhi
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A 23-year-old woman, who hails from Bangalore and was allegedly forced into prostitution, has been rescued from a brothel here, police said.
She was rescued from a brothel at G B Road yesterday in a joint operation by Delhi police and activists of an NGO, a senior police official said.
"Police received information that a woman was confined at Kotha No 5211 at G B Road. A raid was conducted late last evening and the woman namely Sangeeta (name changed) was rescued," said D C Srivastva, Addl CP Central District.
During investigation, she said that she belonged to a poor family and was lured by a woman in Bangalore who promised her employment in Delhi.
"She was first brought to some place in Delhi and kept there for a day and thereafter the woman sold her to one Padma, the owner of Kotha No 5211. She was forced into prostitution. Investigation were on and raids were being conducted to arrest the accused," the official said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express