Bangalore woman rescued from brothel in Delhi
- Watch Video: Crane collapses at Mecca mosque in Saudi Arabia, death toll reaches 87, 9 Indians injured
- Hyderabad woman held at airport could be IS recruiter
- Maharashtra: Civic body withdraws ban on slaughter and sale of meat
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts verdict: 12 out of 13 accused convicted
- Files concerning Netaji will be in public domain from next Friday: Mamata
A 23-year-old woman, who hails from Bangalore and was allegedly forced into prostitution, has been rescued from a brothel here, police said.
She was rescued from a brothel at G B Road yesterday in a joint operation by Delhi police and activists of an NGO, a senior police official said.
"Police received information that a woman was confined at Kotha No 5211 at G B Road. A raid was conducted late last evening and the woman namely Sangeeta (name changed) was rescued," said D C Srivastva, Addl CP Central District.
During investigation, she said that she belonged to a poor family and was lured by a woman in Bangalore who promised her employment in Delhi.