Bangalore woman rescued from brothel in Delhi
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
A 23-year-old woman, who hails from Bangalore and was allegedly forced into prostitution, has been rescued from a brothel here, police said.
She was rescued from a brothel at G B Road yesterday in a joint operation by Delhi police and activists of an NGO, a senior police official said.
"Police received information that a woman was confined at Kotha No 5211 at G B Road. A raid was conducted late last evening and the woman namely Sangeeta (name changed) was rescued," said D C Srivastva, Addl CP Central District.
During investigation, she said that she belonged to a poor family and was lured by a woman in Bangalore who promised her employment in Delhi.