Bangla PM Sheikh Hasina's pic cooking 'pulao' a hit with media
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Doting mother! A picture of Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in which she is seen cooking chicken pulao in her kitchen to celebrate her son's birthday was today extensively carried by the media here. The Bangladeshi media carried the private photograph of Hasina cooking in the kitchen to celebrate the birthday of her 42-year- old expatriate son Sajib Wajed Joy, who posted the picture on his Facebook page as a "special treat" for all.
Major newspapers picked up the picture in an apparent deviation from the routine of projecting leading political personalities like Hasina in serious political engagements or gestures. "A special treat for everyone. The Prime Minister cooking chicken pulao for me! Her pulao is really the best I have ever tasted," read the caption by Joy, an IT expert living in the US. Hasina, wearing a kitchen apron, is seen holding a wooden spoon stirring chicken in a pot in one hand and holding the pot with the other.
Known as a good cook among her closer circle people, Hasina two decades ago joined volunteers in preparing chapati breads for cyclone victims in coastlines. A senior journalist recalled Hasina at that time taught the young volunteers the techniques of pressing the paste of wheat flour that needs to be pressed with a traditional roller to make them in proper shape, preparing the "rotis" herself. Joy's 42nd birthday was celebrated in a low-key manner with family members – mother Hasina, wife Kristine Overmyre, daughter Sophia, sister Saima Hossain Putul and her four children -- at the prime minister's official residence.
The family gathering came months after at least two pro-opposition newspapers carried reports that Joy's US-born wife had divorced him after growing differences. The issue also dominated the social media like Facebook for several days. Joy or the premier's family, however, preferred to ignore the media report issuing no protest. Though, later the report appeared false as he recently came to Bangladesh along with Overmyre and their daughter and attended several social functions, including one at the presidential palace.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Rahul gifts his land near Vadraâ€™s in Haryana village to sisterÂ Priyanka
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Indiaâ€™s biggest failing | The Indian Express