Bangla smugglers shot dead
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- India vs Australia Live Cricket Score: India humble Australia by 73 runs
Two Bangladeshi cattle smugglers were shot dead by BSF late Tuesday night. A jawan was also injured in their attack at Habibpur area of Malda district. The incident occurred at Beldanga locality under Tilason border outpost when a group of rustlers were smuggling cattle across the international border amid dense fog last night. The BSF personnel chased the smugglers who attacked the border guards with bombs injuring a jawan, identified as Yogesh, sources said. The guards then opened fire killing two smugglers on the Bangladesh side of the border.
Kahlon new chairman of KoPT
Kolkata: Kolkata Port Trust's new chairman RPS Kahlon took charge on Wednesday. His appointment comes at a time when the port is in the midst of a controversy over the exit of the ABG group company from Haldia. Kahlon, a 1984 batch IAS officer was principal secretary of environment department in West Bengal before taking up the responsibility, a KoPT release said . He has served the state government in various departments, including transport, fisheries, sports and youth and labour.
Tusker body dead
Jhargram: The carcass of a 22-year-old male elephant was found at a forest of Nayagram area in West Midnapore on Wednesday, said Kharagpur DFO Anjan Guha. People of Narasinhapur spotted the animal's body having about 1.5 feet long tusks near the village under Kalma Pukuria forest bit this morning.
Postmortem of the carcass which had no external injury was done and the elephant died due to heart failure. The pachyderm was one of the herd having 100-odd elephants that came from Dalma forest in Jharkhand but now gathered at Baghdoba forest near Narasinhapur for the ast three-four days, he said.
- AAP thought running government a child's play: Sonia Gandhi
- BJP complains to EC on derogatory remarks against Hema Malini on Facebook
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualfies 48 contesting candidates including ex-MP in J&K
- BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal Andhra Pradesh alliance
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians