Bangladesh war crimes: Detained BNP lawmaker charged with sodomy in jail
- Supreme Court commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- Former Pak President Pervez Musharraf indicted in treason case
- I-T looking into cheques to M S Dhoni by Amrapali group
- Cracks showing, BCCI chips off Srinivasan-owned India Cements
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to meet L-G Najeeb Jung, will request for elections in Delhi
A young male inmate has charged an opposition BNP lawmaker and a major 1971 war crimes accused with sexual assault at the high-security Central Jail here, officials said today.
The victim's father has filed a case alleging that Salahuddin Quader Chowdhury had assaulted his son Apel Mian who was appointed as aide to the BNP leader at Kashimpur Jail.
"My son broke in tears as I met him at the jail on 11/02/2013 ... he (Chowdhury) did not hesitate to do any bad things with my son," read the petition signed by Abdus Salam Mia as he sought justice before the court for the assault.
The petition filed with Chief Judicial Magistrate's Court in suburban Gazipur alleged that Chowdhury forced Apel to have sex with him through intimidation and sexually abused him for days together detaining him at a corner of the prison with assistance of two other inmates until the jailor rescued him.
Even after his rescue Chowdhury's men inside the jail threatened to kill him, his father alleged.
Chowdhury, who was elected on BNP ticket from a Chittagong constituency, was given the "division" status in prison while jail authorities appointed Apal Mian, who is serving life term for a murder case at his home district in northern Sherpur, as
his aide in line with the jail code.
A jail official preferring anonymity said Apel Mian was transferred to another jail after the complaints.
- Jaswant Singh complains against Vasundhara Raje; poll authorities dismiss it
- Nilekani squandered national resources to US firm: Swamy
- Autonomy: CBI chief says don’t view our demand with suspicion
- I want to stop poverty, they want to stop me: Modi
- Kanda gives Hooda’s road show a miss, to form party
- Air Force sends flight data recorder to US for analysis