Bani Basu shortlisted for Sahitya Akademi award
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Noted Bengali writer, critic and poet Bani Basu has been selected for this year's Sahitya Akademi award for her novel 'Khanamihirere Dhipi'. "I am very happy because after three decades I have received recognition from the government for my work," said Basu, a day after she received a letter from the Sahitya Akademi and came to know that she has been selected for the award. "I was literally surprised," she added. Basu's Khanamihirer Dhipi is a novel that centres around the change from matriarchal to patriarchal society.