Bani Basu shortlisted for Sahitya Akademi award
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP disapproves Giriraj Singh's Pakistan remark
Noted Bengali writer, critic and poet Bani Basu has been selected for this year's Sahitya Akademi award for her novel 'Khanamihirere Dhipi'. "I am very happy because after three decades I have received recognition from the government for my work," said Basu, a day after she received a letter from the Sahitya Akademi and came to know that she has been selected for the award. "I was literally surprised," she added. Basu's Khanamihirer Dhipi is a novel that centres around the change from matriarchal to patriarchal society.