Bank for the buck
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
The government should consider these policy options more carefully to give India a safer and more competitive banking system.
The writer, professor at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, Delhi, is consulting editor for 'The Indian Express', email@example.com