Bank, govt employees hold protests as strike enters day 2
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Employees of banks and public sector organisations in Andhra Pradesh today continued their protests on the second day of the two-day strike called by Central trade unions in support of their various demands.
The personnel of various organisations, who stayed away from work yesterday, began their protests in Hyderabad and other places in Andhra Pradesh.
The employees of various PSU banks and workers in the unorganised sector took out protest rallies in Hyderabad and other parts of the state.Services in banking and other PSU organisations were badly affected on the first day of the 48-hour general strike yesterday.
AITUC state unit president and MLC P J Chandrasekhar Rao had claimed that the strike was being held in an unprecedented manner with staff of the state-run miner Singareni Collieries, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) joining the stir.
He claimed that 75 per cent of RTC buses, the principal mode of public transport in AP, remained off the roads yesterday.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress