Bank robbery: Locker owners declare assets worth crores
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
Two days after robbers broke into the vaults of state-run Punjab and Sind Bank, the Jalandhar police have made little headway in their investigations. Meanwhile, owners of 22 of the 36 bank lockers broken into have declared assets were several crores as stolen. The remaining owners are yet to contact bank authorities.
Sources informed that gold worth Rs 3 to 4 crore was looted from the lockers. Many victims claimed that gold between 10 to 50 tolas was kept by them in the lockers. Bank officials said that they are sending the details to the chairman of the bank.
Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner of Police Sarabjit Singh convened a meeting of bank managers on Monday and asked them to install CCTV cameras and take proper security measures.