Banking Bill in RS today
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Elections 2014 Live: FIR filed against Hema Malini, Pawar campaigns for daughter Supriya
The Rajya Sabha, which was expected to adjourn sine die on Wednesday itself, is scheduled to function Thursday to push through important pending legislations, including the the Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill.
The extension has been necessitated by the passage of the Bill in the Lok Sabha Tuesday.
In the Lok Sabha, the opposition BJP had extended its support to the Bill after Finance Minister P Chidambaram agreed to do away with the clause dealing with future trading. The Lok Sabha had also passed the Companies Bill on Tuesday. However, it may not be taken up in the Rajya Sabha because of some objections from the BJP.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit