Bansal promises third Shatabdi between UT-Delhi
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
Union Railways Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Saturday assured that a third Shatabdi between Chandigarh and Delhi will be started. The Minister visited the Science Express that is stationed at the Chandigarh Railway Station. Bansal arrived in the city from Delhi.
The demand for an afternoon Shatabdi train is being raised time and again with the morning and evening trains running to packed capacity. He further said that the flooring of platforms 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be done. Also the sheds installed at the Railway Stations will be changed.
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’
- A nun-lawyer’s habit starts court dress code debate in Delhi
- They have not voted for 10 years
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- State registers 61 pc voter turnout in phase II
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan