Bansal pushes for extension of foot overbridge at railway station
- âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Narendra Modi sent emissaries to open talks on Kashmir: Geelani
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Probe Ajit Pawar tape âthreateningâ to cut water supply: EC tells Pune collector
To prevent overcrowding at the Chandigarh Railway Station, it has been proposed that the foot overbridge be extended to ensure that the passengers do not use the platform, and instead directly enter or exit the station.
During a recent visit to the railway station on his way to Delhi, Union Minister for Railways Pawan Kumar Bansal had asked the Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), Ambala Division, to prepare a report about it. At present, the passengers who get down from the train on platforms other than 1 have to use the foot overbridge. The overbridge, however, ends on platform 1 on Chandigarh side.
Due to this, the passengers have to enter or exit from a single gate. This causes a sudden rush at the gate. The platform 1 has a number of passengers waiting for the arrival of trains.
A railway official said a report was to be prepared and the proposal sent to the Railway Ministry.
A Metro station would be constructed at the railway station. The detailed project report of the Metro states that structure to the south of the alignment will have a connection to foot overbridge to facilitate transfer of passengers.