Bappi Lahiri sings Bengali song in Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor's 'Gunday'
- One needs to be a good listener to become a good orator: PM Modi
- Migrant crisis: Father of drowned Syrian toddler returns to Kobani for burial
- IIT graduate who fled with Harley Davidson held in Mumbai
- Delhi HC allows permanent commission for women in Indian Navy
- Hindu group forces Muslim writer in Kerala to stop Ramayana column
In what appears to be the first of its kind, Yash Raj Films' 'Gunday' will have a full Bengali song. And we aren't talking about phrases and sentences here and there but a full song in Bangla.
Composed by the talented Sohail Sen (whose interesting music was an integral part of Ashutosh Gowariker's 'What's Your Raashee?' and Ali Abbas Zafar's 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan') the Bangla song has been sung by Bappi Lahiri and is filmed on Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor. Sohail Sen said: "I can't reveal too much about it. But it's a full-on masti number filmed on Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor. Bappi Uncle has sung for both of them."
Sohail whose father is veteran music composer Sameer Sen, knows Bappi Lahiri from the time he was a child. Says Sohail, "Since 'Gunday' is set in Kolkata, director Ali Abbas Zafar and I thought that Bappi Uncle would be the right choice for the Bengali track. We not only had a great time recording with him but also learnt a lot from him."
Bappi Lahiri who turned 61 this week says he had a whale of a time crooning the 'Gunday' song in Bengali. "It's not often that one gets to sing in one's mother tongue in a Hindi film. The 'Gunday' song was great fun."