Bar girls robbed, gangraped in Karnataka
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Just a few days after a woman law student was allegedly gangraped in Bangalore, three bar girls were reportedly gangraped by 8-9 men in Mariappanpalya in Ramanagara district, a senior police official said.
According to Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal at 12.30 am on Thursday, the group of men, in the age-group 20-25, came in a
Maruti Omni van and an Honda Activa to the house in Mariappanpalya where seven bar girls working in the Casino Bar in Gandhinagar, Bangalore, were staying for the past 45 days.
The gang overpowered the two security guards and forcibly entered the house in Jnanjyothi Extention under Bidadi police station limits. "Then they threatened the girls to give their valuables. They took away a gold chain, six gold rings, a television, a DVD player, five mobiles and Rs 15,000 in cash from them," Agarwal said.
The youth then kidnapped three girls, blindfolded them, and bundled them into their van. They took them to nearby house and raped them, the SP said.
They later dropped the girls near a bridge at around 3.30 am and fled.
The girls informed the Bidadi police about the incident, after which a police team was rushed to the spot.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism