Bar girls robbed, gangraped in Karnataka
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Just a few days after a woman law student was allegedly gangraped in Bangalore, three bar girls were reportedly gangraped by 8-9 men in Mariappanpalya in Ramanagara district, a senior police official said.
According to Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal at 12.30 am on Thursday, the group of men, in the age-group 20-25, came in a
Maruti Omni van and an Honda Activa to the house in Mariappanpalya where seven bar girls working in the Casino Bar in Gandhinagar, Bangalore, were staying for the past 45 days.
The gang overpowered the two security guards and forcibly entered the house in Jnanjyothi Extention under Bidadi police station limits. "Then they threatened the girls to give their valuables. They took away a gold chain, six gold rings, a television, a DVD player, five mobiles and Rs 15,000 in cash from them," Agarwal said.
The youth then kidnapped three girls, blindfolded them, and bundled them into their van. They took them to nearby house and raped them, the SP said.
They later dropped the girls near a bridge at around 3.30 am and fled.
The girls informed the Bidadi police about the incident, after which a police team was rushed to the spot.
The police later recorded the statements of the victims and sent them to a private hospital for medical examination.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties