Bar girls robbed, gangraped in Karnataka
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Just a few days after a woman law student was allegedly gangraped in Bangalore, three bar girls were reportedly gangraped by 8-9 men in Mariappanpalya in Ramanagara district, a senior police official said.
According to Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal at 12.30 am on Thursday, the group of men, in the age-group 20-25, came in a
Maruti Omni van and an Honda Activa to the house in Mariappanpalya where seven bar girls working in the Casino Bar in Gandhinagar, Bangalore, were staying for the past 45 days.
The gang overpowered the two security guards and forcibly entered the house in Jnanjyothi Extention under Bidadi police station limits. "Then they threatened the girls to give their valuables. They took away a gold chain, six gold rings, a television, a DVD player, five mobiles and Rs 15,000 in cash from them," Agarwal said.
The youth then kidnapped three girls, blindfolded them, and bundled them into their van. They took them to nearby house and raped them, the SP said.
They later dropped the girls near a bridge at around 3.30 am and fled.
The girls informed the Bidadi police about the incident, after which a police team was rushed to the spot.
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist
- Ironically, freedom of speech was first restricted to curb anti-Pakistan views
- Scorpene data leak underlines hazards of India’s dependence for military hardware
- Government has the opportunity to rein in food inflation on a sustainable basis
- PM Dahal must address coalition concerns, balance relations with India, China
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism