Bar girls robbed, gangraped in Karnataka
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Just a few days after a woman law student was allegedly gangraped in Bangalore, three bar girls were reportedly gangraped by 8-9 men in Mariappanpalya in Ramanagara district, a senior police official said.
According to Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal at 12.30 am on Thursday, the group of men, in the age-group 20-25, came in a
Maruti Omni van and an Honda Activa to the house in Mariappanpalya where seven bar girls working in the Casino Bar in Gandhinagar, Bangalore, were staying for the past 45 days.
The gang overpowered the two security guards and forcibly entered the house in Jnanjyothi Extention under Bidadi police station limits. "Then they threatened the girls to give their valuables. They took away a gold chain, six gold rings, a television, a DVD player, five mobiles and Rs 15,000 in cash from them," Agarwal said.
The youth then kidnapped three girls, blindfolded them, and bundled them into their van. They took them to nearby house and raped them, the SP said.
They later dropped the girls near a bridge at around 3.30 am and fled.
The girls informed the Bidadi police about the incident, after which a police team was rushed to the spot.
The police later recorded the statements of the victims and sent them to a private hospital for medical examination.