Barack and Michelle Obama reveal story behind 'famous hug' pic
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
President Barack Obama has revealed the reason as to why his hug to his wife Michelle in the most-retweeted photo of all time seemed so heartfelt.
An image of the now 51-year-old President embracing the First Lady at an Iowa rally became the most-retweeted photo of all time when it was attached to an Obama campaign post announcing his Election Night victory.
During a post-election interview for 'Nightline,' broadcast journalist Barbara Walters asked the president why the hug appeared so heartfelt.
Obama responded that the hug seemed so heartfelt because he loved his wife Michelle, the New York Daily News reported.
And Michelle said that she hadn't seen Obama in a while due to gruelling campaign schedules. And the first time she saw him was when she walked onstage to greet him and that's when Obama gave her the hug.
To which, Obama said that he loved giving her hugs.
Micro-blogging site Twitter revealed earlier this month that the photograph of the couple hugging had been retweeted more than 810,000 times by people in more than 200 countries around the world.