Barack Obama asked to protect Hindus in Bangladesh
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Protesting against the rise in violence against minorities in Bangladesh, Hindus of Bangladeshi-origin have gathered outside the White House here, asking US President Barack Obama to protect them and enlist radical Jamat-e-Islami as a foreign terrorist group.
Raising slogans like "We do not want Talibanisation of Bangladesh" and "Save Hindus", Bangladeshi American Hindus in a memorandum asked Obama to save the religious minorities of Bangladesh and enlist "Jamat-e-Islami, Bangladesh" as a foreign terrorist organisation.
"We are urging everyone to be united in outrage and by humanity and do all you can to save the endangered minorities of Bangladesh," the memorandum said as the protestors demanded enactment of hate crime laws by the Bangladeshi Government.
They also demanded establishment of a monitoring cell with prosecutorial authority to monitor, prevent, and prosecute all communal incidents; and creation of a minority welfare ministry with authority to create a special police force drawn from the minority populace. The peaceful protest rally was organized by the supported Bangladesh Hindu Buddhist Christian Unity Council, with support from various other organizations like Hind American Foundation and the Indian American Intellectual Forum.
"Bangladesh Hindu Buddhist Christian Unity Council, USA is calling upon the civilized world to come to the protection of these innocent and peaceful people who have committed no other wrongs than belonging to faiths other than what the terrorists would choose for them.They can count on no one and go nowhere," the statement said.
Meanwhile, another organization - American United for Human Rights - announced to hold a mass rally of American Muslims in New York on Saturday to demand establishment of independent war crimes tribunal that meets the standards of international law.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express