Barack Obama meets top Republican Senators on immigration reform
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
In his effort to seek bipartisan support on comprehensive immigration reform, US President Barack Obama has met top Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham.
Expressing satisfaction at the meeting, the two Senators praised Obama for his commitment to a comprehensive immigration reform. Vice President Joe Biden was also present in the meeting yesterday.
"We had an excellent meeting with the President and the Vice President this afternoon during which we discussed a variety of issues, including our effort to pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation this year," the two Senators said.
"We were pleased to hear the President state his firm commitment that he will do whatever is necessary to accomplish this important goal," they said.