Barak Valley passenger derails, around 20-25 injured
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Around 20-25 persons received injuries when two boggies of the Barak Valley passenger train derailed this afternoon at Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam.
Railway officials said the incident took place at around 1 pm near remote Harangajao railway station when the train was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
Senior railway officials rushed to the spot and work has been taken up to repair parts of the track which was damaged due to the derailment.
All railway services in the metergauge track connecting Barak Valley to the rest of Assam has been temporarily stopped till the track is restored