Barak Valley passenger derails, around 20-25 injured
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Opinion polls Manipulation: EC asks Centre to take action
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
Around 20-25 persons received injuries when two boggies of the Barak Valley passenger train derailed this afternoon at Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam.
Railway officials said the incident took place at around 1 pm near remote Harangajao railway station when the train was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
Senior railway officials rushed to the spot and work has been taken up to repair parts of the track which was damaged due to the derailment.
All railway services in the metergauge track connecting Barak Valley to the rest of Assam has been temporarily stopped till the track is restored