Barak Valley passenger derails, around 20-25 injured
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Around 20-25 persons received injuries when two boggies of the Barak Valley passenger train derailed this afternoon at Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam.
Railway officials said the incident took place at around 1 pm near remote Harangajao railway station when the train was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
Senior railway officials rushed to the spot and work has been taken up to repair parts of the track which was damaged due to the derailment.
All railway services in the metergauge track connecting Barak Valley to the rest of Assam has been temporarily stopped till the track is restored