Barak Valley passenger derails, around 20-25 injured
Around 20-25 persons received injuries when two boggies of the Barak Valley passenger train derailed this afternoon at Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam.
Railway officials said the incident took place at around 1 pm near remote Harangajao railway station when the train was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
Senior railway officials rushed to the spot and work has been taken up to repair parts of the track which was damaged due to the derailment.
All railway services in the metergauge track connecting Barak Valley to the rest of Assam has been temporarily stopped till the track is restored
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties