Barbie doll on Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: One more disaster under his watch, Navy Chief Admiral D K Joshi resigns
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
Mattel has released two commemorative Elizabeth Taylor Barbies and named them as Violet Eyes and White Diamonds.
The dolls were reviewed and approved by Taylor herself before she died in 2011 at the age of 79.
Taylor was famous for her violet eyes while White Diamonds is the name of her fragrance.
Along with her signature black bob, the White Diamonds, priced at $125, come in a glamorous white dress, a red satin ribbon pinned on the lapel to represent the extensive work Taylor did for HIV and AIDS.
Meanwhile, the Violet Eyes doll, $150, wears a black satin dress with matching opera gloves and pumps, rhinestone jewels, black sunglasses and a mini 'perfume' bottle.
She also has a tiny red ribbon near her shoulder to represent her commitment to battling HIV and AIDS.
The late actress' distinct features are captured with great detail in the doll's sculpting - down to the exact shade of violet of her famous eyes.
The two Barbies have been released in the lead up to the premiere of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton biopic, 'Liz & Dick', starring Lindsay Lohan.
The two dolls are the fourth and fifth Elizabeth Taylor Barbies ever to be created, the previous three released together in 2000.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight