Baroda Dairy MD resigns
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Facing charges of laxity in duty, Baroda Dairy managing director Prateek Kumar tendered his resignation during the meeting of the board of directors Wednesday, which was accepted by chairman Shailesh Patel who was presiding over the meeting.
While Kumar said he resigned due to "personal reasons," sources in the Dairy said his resignation came in the wake of accusations levelled against him in connection with a dairy at Padra which was found selling milk bought from Rajasthan.
"I have resigned due to personal reasons," Kumar said, adding, "If you have problem in contributing something for the growth of the organisation, you are left with no other option but resign."
Dairy vice-president G B Solanki said Kumar's resignation was accepted at the meeting.
"He cited personal reason for the resignation. The Board has vested power in the new chairman to look for a new MD," he said.
Kumar was also accused of not spending funds received by the Baroda Dairy at the beginning of the current financial year.
An inquiry committee was formed by the Baroda Dairy to look into a March 2012 case where a dairy was found purchasing milk from Rajasthan to sell it to the Baroda Dairy co-operative at Padra.
The committee had served notice to the MD and five others even as an FIR was filed against Kumar at Padra.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress