Baroda Dairy MD resigns
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
Facing charges of laxity in duty, Baroda Dairy managing director Prateek Kumar tendered his resignation during the meeting of the board of directors Wednesday, which was accepted by chairman Shailesh Patel who was presiding over the meeting.
While Kumar said he resigned due to "personal reasons," sources in the Dairy said his resignation came in the wake of accusations levelled against him in connection with a dairy at Padra which was found selling milk bought from Rajasthan.
"I have resigned due to personal reasons," Kumar said, adding, "If you have problem in contributing something for the growth of the organisation, you are left with no other option but resign."
Dairy vice-president G B Solanki said Kumar's resignation was accepted at the meeting.
"He cited personal reason for the resignation. The Board has vested power in the new chairman to look for a new MD," he said.
Kumar was also accused of not spending funds received by the Baroda Dairy at the beginning of the current financial year.
An inquiry committee was formed by the Baroda Dairy to look into a March 2012 case where a dairy was found purchasing milk from Rajasthan to sell it to the Baroda Dairy co-operative at Padra.
The committee had served notice to the MD and five others even as an FIR was filed against Kumar at Padra.
Sources said Kumar was also facing questions regarding payment and distribution of Bulk Chilled Units (BCUs) to be supplied to dairy co-operatives to preserve and store milk for long duration. "He was also accused of failing to utilise grants received from the government and co-operative agencies," the source said.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit