Baromas at Washington Film Festival
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Baromas, a Hindi movie based on the award-wining Sahitya Akademi novel by the same name, has been selected for the DC Independent Film Festival (DCIFF) to be held from March 6 to 10 in Washington, DC. The only Indian movie to be selected, it will compete in the Feature Films category.Launched in 1999 to nurture independent film, 2013 marks the 15th anniversary of DCIFF. Baromas' well-researched screenplay and fine performances by Benjamin Gilani and Seema Biswas was the criteria for the film's selection. It is directed by Dhiraj Meshram, and focuses on corrupt politicians, loan sharks and power brokers who thrive in small towns.
A coffee-table book on Paan Singh Tomar
The producers of the critically acclaimed Paan Singh Tomar, Disney UTV have decided to publish a book on the athlete-turned-dacoit's life. The book which will be written by journalist turned author Priyanka Jain will give readers a glimpse into the life of Paan Singh Tomar with some rare photographs depicting his journey from an athlete to a dacoit.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?