Baromas at Washington Film Festival
- India can boycott parliamentary conference, will not invite J-K Assembly Speaker: Pakistan
- Congress stalls GST Bill in Rajya Sabha; Jaitley attacks Sonia, Rahul
- Modi hails Mulayam's support to end logjam in Parliament
- Aadhaar card will be optional for availing social benefit schemes: Supreme Court
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad, husband Javed Anand
Baromas, a Hindi movie based on the award-wining Sahitya Akademi novel by the same name, has been selected for the DC Independent Film Festival (DCIFF) to be held from March 6 to 10 in Washington, DC. The only Indian movie to be selected, it will compete in the Feature Films category.Launched in 1999 to nurture independent film, 2013 marks the 15th anniversary of DCIFF. Baromas' well-researched screenplay and fine performances by Benjamin Gilani and Seema Biswas was the criteria for the film's selection. It is directed by Dhiraj Meshram, and focuses on corrupt politicians, loan sharks and power brokers who thrive in small towns.
A coffee-table book on Paan Singh Tomar
The producers of the critically acclaimed Paan Singh Tomar, Disney UTV have decided to publish a book on the athlete-turned-dacoit's life. The book which will be written by journalist turned author Priyanka Jain will give readers a glimpse into the life of Paan Singh Tomar with some rare photographs depicting his journey from an athlete to a dacoit.