Barry John signs Nawazuddin for his directorial debut
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI struggle to 115/9 against RCB
Barry John's directorial debut, a biopic based on the life of Sher Singh Rana, who was accused of assassinating dacoit-turned-politician Phoolan Devi in 2001, is at the pre-production stage right now, confirmed the director, "We will be going on floors later this year." Meanwhile, Nawazuddin Siddiqui has been signed by John to essay the role of Sher Singh Rana in the film. According to reports, the film will be a compilation of several incidents mentioned in Rana's autobiography, Jail Diary: Tihar se Kabul Kandahar Tak and other research material collected by John.