Battered by girl-hating father, baby's battle for life ends
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP disapproves Giriraj Singh's Pakistan remark
Four-year old Rameshwari, who was battling for life for the past one-and-half months with burns and multiple fractures inflicted on her by her own father, has died at a hospital here.
The girl, who had suffered extensive burns from cigarette butt inflicted by her father Ramesh, who had a dislike for girl children, breathed her last at 9 pm yesterday after her condition deteriorated, hospital sources said.
Rameshwari, who hail from Muguda village in Dharwad taluk, was admitted to Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) on December 27 and had been under treatment since then.
Ramesh has since been arrested and is currently under judicial custody.