BCCI curator expresses satisfaction with Kochi Pitch
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
BCCI Curator P R Viswanadh today expressed satisfaction with the pitch prepared for the second India-England ODI scheduled to be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here on January 15.
Viswanadh said he was fully satisfied with the pitch.
"We are ready to hold the match even tomorrow. It is hard and has enough grass and is a batting pitch," he told reporters after the pitch inspection.
Meanwhile, Kerala Cricket Association Secretary T C Mathew said all preparations for the ODI are complete. About2000 policemen would be deployed for ensuring security.
Except for a few gallery tickets, all other tickets have been sold out, he said.
Mathew assured that the only eatables checked by the health inspectors would be allowed inside the stadium.
Meterological department sources said rain would not play spoilsport as in 2010 when the India-Australia match had to be abandoned without even a ball being bowled.
The two teams are expected to be here by 5.45 PM.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it