BCM student wins neuroscience quiz
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
Mayank Mittal of BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School walked away with top honours at the 3rd Ludhiana Regional Brain Bee Neurosciences Quiz-2012, organised by the Department of Neurology, Dayanand Medical College and Hospital on Saturday.
Punit Kaur from Sacred Heart Convent School finished second while Heena Thakur from Green Land Senior Secondary School ended up third. The winner will now compete in the national finals. The national champion would then compete in the international finals in the USA.
The function was formally inaugurated by the vice-president of DMCH Managing Society Amrit Nagpal and principal Dr Daljit Singh while the dean, academics, Dr Rajoo Singh Chhina gave away prizes to the winning and participating teams.
Professor and Head of Neurology, Dr Gagandeep Singh, said the Brain Bee Quiz Competition on Neurosciences is held for the students who have exceptional credentials in biology and are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare.
This contest is conducted on a regional level at more than 25 cities and subsequently at national level in participating countries and culminates at the International level.