BCM student wins neuroscience quiz
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
Mayank Mittal of BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School walked away with top honours at the 3rd Ludhiana Regional Brain Bee Neurosciences Quiz-2012, organised by the Department of Neurology, Dayanand Medical College and Hospital on Saturday.
Punit Kaur from Sacred Heart Convent School finished second while Heena Thakur from Green Land Senior Secondary School ended up third. The winner will now compete in the national finals. The national champion would then compete in the international finals in the USA.
The function was formally inaugurated by the vice-president of DMCH Managing Society Amrit Nagpal and principal Dr Daljit Singh while the dean, academics, Dr Rajoo Singh Chhina gave away prizes to the winning and participating teams.
Professor and Head of Neurology, Dr Gagandeep Singh, said the Brain Bee Quiz Competition on Neurosciences is held for the students who have exceptional credentials in biology and are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare.
This contest is conducted on a regional level at more than 25 cities and subsequently at national level in participating countries and culminates at the International level.
This time National Brain Bee quiz will be conducted in Ludhiana in April, 2013, he informed.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit