BCM wins 35 awards in flower show at PAU
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School, Shastri Nagar, won 35 awards at the two-day "Dr M S Randhawa Memorial Flower Show and Competition" which ended at the Punjab Agricultural University on Friday.
The show was jointly co-ordinated by the Department of Floriculture and Landscaping, Estate Organisation and the Department of Family Resource Management of PAU. The other prize winners were DAV Public School, BRS Nagar (23); IREO Water Front (21); Guru Nanak Public School, Sarabha Nagar (18); Technocare Nursery and Garden Centre (17); and Guru Nanak Girls' College, Model Town, and College of Education for Women, Sidhwan Khurd, with 14 prizes each.
Chief guest Dr Ajay Pal Singh Gill, former Professor of Floriculture, PAU, said the multi-hued flowers convey a strong message of harmony and peaceful co-existence.
Guest of honour Dr J S Dhiman, Additional Director of Research (Natural Resource and Plant Health Management), PAU, hoped the display of flowers would send a message among the people to look after nature and learn to live in harmony and peace.