BCM wins 35 awards in flower show at PAU
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School, Shastri Nagar, won 35 awards at the two-day "Dr M S Randhawa Memorial Flower Show and Competition" which ended at the Punjab Agricultural University on Friday.
The show was jointly co-ordinated by the Department of Floriculture and Landscaping, Estate Organisation and the Department of Family Resource Management of PAU. The other prize winners were DAV Public School, BRS Nagar (23); IREO Water Front (21); Guru Nanak Public School, Sarabha Nagar (18); Technocare Nursery and Garden Centre (17); and Guru Nanak Girls' College, Model Town, and College of Education for Women, Sidhwan Khurd, with 14 prizes each.
Chief guest Dr Ajay Pal Singh Gill, former Professor of Floriculture, PAU, said the multi-hued flowers convey a strong message of harmony and peaceful co-existence.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it