Beant Singh's grandson seeks Rajoana's hanging
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
Following the hanging of Afzal Guru, Congress MP and grandson of late former Chief Minister Beant Singh, Ravneet Singh Bittu, today demanded the execution of Balwant Singh Rajoana, the convict on death row for assassinating the former Punjab chief.
He also demanded the hanging of Delhi blast convict Devinder Pal Bhullar. "After Azmal Guru, it is now the turn of Rajoana and Bhullar. The government should hang them as soon as possible," Bittu said yesterday.
The state unit of the Shiv Sena, welcoming the hanging of Guru, also demanded the hanging of Rajoana and Bhullar today. "We welcome the hanging of Afzal Guru. Now the time has come when Balwant Singh Rajoana and Devinder Pal Bhullar should also be hanged," said Vinay Jalandhari, head of Shiv Sena in north India.
43-year-old Parliament attack convict Guru was hanged and buried in Tihar jail premises in Delhi in a secret operation on Saturday.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18