Beant Singh's grandson seeks Rajoana's hanging
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Following the hanging of Afzal Guru, Congress MP and grandson of late former Chief Minister Beant Singh, Ravneet Singh Bittu, today demanded the execution of Balwant Singh Rajoana, the convict on death row for assassinating the former Punjab chief.
He also demanded the hanging of Delhi blast convict Devinder Pal Bhullar. "After Azmal Guru, it is now the turn of Rajoana and Bhullar. The government should hang them as soon as possible," Bittu said yesterday.
The state unit of the Shiv Sena, welcoming the hanging of Guru, also demanded the hanging of Rajoana and Bhullar today. "We welcome the hanging of Afzal Guru. Now the time has come when Balwant Singh Rajoana and Devinder Pal Bhullar should also be hanged," said Vinay Jalandhari, head of Shiv Sena in north India.
43-year-old Parliament attack convict Guru was hanged and buried in Tihar jail premises in Delhi in a secret operation on Saturday.