Beant Singh's grandson seeks Rajoana's hanging
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Following the hanging of Afzal Guru, Congress MP and grandson of late former Chief Minister Beant Singh, Ravneet Singh Bittu, today demanded the execution of Balwant Singh Rajoana, the convict on death row for assassinating the former Punjab chief.
He also demanded the hanging of Delhi blast convict Devinder Pal Bhullar. "After Azmal Guru, it is now the turn of Rajoana and Bhullar. The government should hang them as soon as possible," Bittu said yesterday.
The state unit of the Shiv Sena, welcoming the hanging of Guru, also demanded the hanging of Rajoana and Bhullar today. "We welcome the hanging of Afzal Guru. Now the time has come when Balwant Singh Rajoana and Devinder Pal Bhullar should also be hanged," said Vinay Jalandhari, head of Shiv Sena in north India.
43-year-old Parliament attack convict Guru was hanged and buried in Tihar jail premises in Delhi in a secret operation on Saturday.
- Lok Sabha polls in sight, AAP kicks off campaign with focus on slum dwellers
- Other than file for review, Centre can’t do much
- Actor alleges ‘sexual abuse’ by director, slaps him on camera, puts up video on YouTube
- Teacher alleges ‘police inaction’ on rape complaint against Jondhale, moves HC
- Finally, MbPT to float tenders to appoint agency to combat oil spills
- BJP vies with Cong for credit after overruling Advani’s caution