David Beckham not going to Australia : spokesman
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Opinion polls Manipulation: EC asks Centre to take action
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
David Beckham's management team today denied claims by Football Federation Australia (FFA) that the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder is seeking to move to Australia's A-League.
The FFA claimed Beckham, 37, had been in talks with Australian clubs over a loan spell in the A-League, but a representative for the former England captain said there was no truth in the reports.
"There is always enormous interest from clubs across the world in signing David as a player," the spokesman told Sky Sports News.
"There are absolutely no plans to play in Australia. David is completely focused on the MLS (Major League Soccer) play-offs and winning another Championship with the Galaxy."
Earlier on Friday, the FFA said Beckham's management team had offered his services for the current season.
Reports indicated he wanted to play a 10-game guest stint once the MLS season ends in a fortnight's time.
The former England and Manchester United star was reported by the national broadcaster ABC and Australian Associated Press as being "offered around'' to several A-League's teams on a 10-game contract.
Former Italian and Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero (Sydney FC) and ex-Liverpool and England striker Emile Heskey (Newcastle) have signed A-League contracts this season.