Before she hanged herself, she wrote to her son: Tonight, I will sleep with Geetika
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) P Karunakaran did not respond to Newsline on this.
Ankit says his mother was very scared. She was also concerned about Ankit's career and safety.
"She would tell me that Kanda can harm me once he is out of jail. If someone had been threatening her, it was done very neatly. I checked her phone (call and text logs) and found nothing suspicious. Perhaps, someone called her on the office landline," Ankit says.
He says he wanted his mother to stay happy.
"I wanted to show her that I needed her. So, I would eat the food only when she cooked it. We had made plans that I would go to London for my post-graduation after the trial ends and mom would come along. She supported me. She was sad, terribly sad after Geetika's death, but even that grief had a fighting spirit. I was convinced she was normal now and would live for me. Her death shocked me; I feel broken, lonely," he says.
Apart from her suicide note, police found a letter that Anuradha addressed to Ankit. She asked him to "be very strong" and fight for Geetika.
"She wrote 'tonight, I will sleep with Geetika. You are now a grown-up, son'. The battle has just begun. I am going to fight this case till the end. I am the only and the biggest threat to them," Ankit says.