Behead those who convert Hindus: Togadia
- Revocation of Prez's Rule: Consider waiting till verdict passed, HC tells Centre
- Amitabh Bachchan denied link, records show he joined board meetings via phone
- Rafale deal at an advanced stage, not finalised yet: Parrikar after BJP tweet
- Why hold IPL 2016 matches in Rajasthan? High Court asks govt, BCCI
- Guha writes: what did RSS think of Ambedkar while he was alive?
VHP international general secretary Pravin Togadia on Monday called for a new Indian Constitution that allows for "anyone who converts Hindus to be beheaded".
The fiery speech, seconded by right-wing leaders, came towards the conclusion of the three-day Akhil Bhartiya Dharmaprasar Karyakarta Sammelan-2011, held a few yards away from the controversial Pirana dargah on the city's outskirts, where he stayed during the event.
Workers of the VHP from across the country had gathered here, many of them staying in the dargah premises for the three-day conference, causing a lot of anxiety for the police, Monday being Eid-ul-Azha.
Asaram Bapu's son Narayan Sai, who also came for the concluding ceremony on Monday, said, "I would suggest that we Hindus should include Buddhists, Sikhs and Jains because their line of thinking is no different from Hindus, except for a few small habits."
Meanwhile, the Saiyed families residing in Pirana village offered namaaz at Imamshah Bawa Dargah on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha amid tight police security.
- When Ambedkar was framing the Constitution, RSS reviled both him as well as his ideas
- It is unfortunate that courts have become arbiters of what constitutes true religion
- The Bastar tragedy, farce
- A news channel gets a new name, but what changes on news TV?
- India should insist Pakistan arrest Masood Azhar under its own laws, in its own interests
- The poor and obscure uplift the quality of democracy