Behead those who convert Hindus: Togadia
- Supreme Court curtails BCCI's financial powers, independent auditor to scrutinise accounts
- Bhubaneswar hospital fire: More patients succumb to injuries, death toll reaches 24
- Embraer aircraft deal: CBI names defence agent Vipin Khanna as key beneficiary in payoffs FIR
- Scrap English requirement, references that insult India: RSS edu wing to HRD
- US: 500 million pages of sensitive govt record stolen by ex-NSA contractor
VHP international general secretary Pravin Togadia on Monday called for a new Indian Constitution that allows for "anyone who converts Hindus to be beheaded".
The fiery speech, seconded by right-wing leaders, came towards the conclusion of the three-day Akhil Bhartiya Dharmaprasar Karyakarta Sammelan-2011, held a few yards away from the controversial Pirana dargah on the city's outskirts, where he stayed during the event.
Workers of the VHP from across the country had gathered here, many of them staying in the dargah premises for the three-day conference, causing a lot of anxiety for the police, Monday being Eid-ul-Azha.
Asaram Bapu's son Narayan Sai, who also came for the concluding ceremony on Monday, said, "I would suggest that we Hindus should include Buddhists, Sikhs and Jains because their line of thinking is no different from Hindus, except for a few small habits."
Meanwhile, the Saiyed families residing in Pirana village offered namaaz at Imamshah Bawa Dargah on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha amid tight police security.
- Khurram Parvez jailing appears unjust, against govt’s self-interest in troubled Kashmir
- Under PM Modi, new synergy between India’s economic & foreign policy
- Climate justice must be ingrained in rules of new climate compacts
- Despite his outrageous views, Donald Trump represents hope to many Americans
- One advantage of redefining military action as surgery is that it mobilises rhetoric of health
- SC stand on triple talaq remains to be seen