Behind the scene
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Bob Biswas, an average LIC agent by day and a quirky contract killer by night in Sujoy Ghosh's Kahaani, was seen using a mobile phone for all his assignments. The film saw him view an MMS clipping to identify his target. In real life, Saswata Chatterjee, who plays Biswas, doesn't own a cell phone. He uses a landline and has never considered buying a cellphone. He claims that mobiles make people extremely unsocial, and he has no plans of ever using one.
Talaash wasn't the first time Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Aamir Khan came face to face on camera. In one of the scenes in Talaash, Khan plays a policeman who interrogates Siddiqui. Viwers who watched Sarfarosh would experience a sense of deja vu. In the film, Khan is seen interrogating Siddiqui, who played a minuscule role of a street thug.
Ayushmann Khurrana played a macho young man in Shoojit Sarcar's Vicky Donor. . Not many people know that Khurrana himself had donated sperm in 2004. He calls himself an authentic sperm donor. Khurrana admits that his parents were supportive of his decision.
Tigmanshu Dhulia, director of Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster, and Paan Singh Tomar, played a pivotal role as a corrupt politician named Ramadhir Singh in Anurag Kashyap's coal mafia opus Gangs of Wasseypur1. Interestingly, Kashyap had played the role of Bunty bhaiya in Dhulia's 2011 film Shagird. Kashyap often mentions how he couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role of Ramadhir Singh.
The popular songs of Agneepath have been choreographed by Ganesh Acharya. While the film is a remake of the iconic '90s film starring Amitabh Bachchan and Danny Denzongpa, not many know that Acharya was a background dancer in the original film. He hadn't established himself as a choreographer and was at the beginning of his career.
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan
- ‘50% voters in state between 20-39 years’
- Eye on Muslim votes, Modi’s Chai pe Charcha moves closer to home
- Saina lone Indian to survive opening day of All England