Behind the scene
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Bob Biswas, an average LIC agent by day and a quirky contract killer by night in Sujoy Ghosh's Kahaani, was seen using a mobile phone for all his assignments. The film saw him view an MMS clipping to identify his target. In real life, Saswata Chatterjee, who plays Biswas, doesn't own a cell phone. He uses a landline and has never considered buying a cellphone. He claims that mobiles make people extremely unsocial, and he has no plans of ever using one.
Talaash wasn't the first time Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Aamir Khan came face to face on camera. In one of the scenes in Talaash, Khan plays a policeman who interrogates Siddiqui. Viwers who watched Sarfarosh would experience a sense of deja vu. In the film, Khan is seen interrogating Siddiqui, who played a minuscule role of a street thug.
Ayushmann Khurrana played a macho young man in Shoojit Sarcar's Vicky Donor. . Not many people know that Khurrana himself had donated sperm in 2004. He calls himself an authentic sperm donor. Khurrana admits that his parents were supportive of his decision.
Tigmanshu Dhulia, director of Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster, and Paan Singh Tomar, played a pivotal role as a corrupt politician named Ramadhir Singh in Anurag Kashyap's coal mafia opus Gangs of Wasseypur1. Interestingly, Kashyap had played the role of Bunty bhaiya in Dhulia's 2011 film Shagird. Kashyap often mentions how he couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role of Ramadhir Singh.
The popular songs of Agneepath have been choreographed by Ganesh Acharya. While the film is a remake of the iconic '90s film starring Amitabh Bachchan and Danny Denzongpa, not many know that Acharya was a background dancer in the original film. He hadn't established himself as a choreographer and was at the beginning of his career.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might