Ben Affleck crowned 'Entertainer of the year'
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
Ben Affleck has been named the Entertainer of the Year by bosses at US publication Entertainment Weekly.
The actor-turned filmmaker was chosen by the experts for his outstanding performance, as an actor in and director of Argo- which received rave reviews and has become a favourite to land the Best Picture gold at the 2013 Academy Awards.
"He's directed a couple of movies before but he really reached the pinnacle of his career this year; he's going to be right up there as best director with Steven Spielberg and lots of great directors," Contactmusic quoted Entertainment Weekly editor Jess Cagle as saying.
"George Clooney wrote the piece on him in the magazine and really talked about how he's become this great, world-class director, and the great thing is we watched him grow up and he has never let failure or success keep him down. He's just a great example of how to live and work," he said.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities