Ben Affleck crowned 'Entertainer of the year'
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Ben Affleck has been named the Entertainer of the Year by bosses at US publication Entertainment Weekly.
The actor-turned filmmaker was chosen by the experts for his outstanding performance, as an actor in and director of Argo- which received rave reviews and has become a favourite to land the Best Picture gold at the 2013 Academy Awards.
"He's directed a couple of movies before but he really reached the pinnacle of his career this year; he's going to be right up there as best director with Steven Spielberg and lots of great directors," Contactmusic quoted Entertainment Weekly editor Jess Cagle as saying.
"George Clooney wrote the piece on him in the magazine and really talked about how he's become this great, world-class director, and the great thing is we watched him grow up and he has never let failure or success keep him down. He's just a great example of how to live and work," he said.